Saturday, December 15, 2007

Project Conservation through Exploration

I wanted to update everyone on an exciting development. I have decided to start a group/society/business associated with my photography called Project Conservation through Exploration. The idea is that new places and new discoveries drive conservation efforts around the world and that expeditions (explorations) provide the perfect medium for going to new places and making new discoveries. When people are awed by something they are typically motivated to want to protect it. So Project Conservation through Explorations aim is to organize expeditions with groups like National Geographic to wild places that need to be protected and document their secrets and splendor so that people will want to protect them and hopefully one day see them!

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin"-William Shakespeare

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is a great idea! Some of my earliest memories are the personal connections I made while in beautiful natural areas - those impressions ultimately drove me to decide to work in conservation and to partake/conduct research projects that will assist conservation efforts. Photos and videos are wonderful mediums for sharing ideas and translating them throughout a large market. I'm excited to potentially become a part of this initiative!